Eunicorns: How European Startups Go Global [Article]
What languages do European startups localize into? We have analyzed data from top 50 startup companies and high-tech unicorns in Europe to understand their language strategies, preferences, and at which stage of their development they decide to internationalize their products.
The research shows that European startups, on average, localize into more languages than startups in the US. The European “champion” in this research is London-based Badoo, which runs a popular dating and social networking service available in more than 190 countries and 42 languages. As such, it is well ahead of Tinder, which otherwise often tops the list of the most internationalized US unicorns, but is at pixel time localized into “only” 35 languages.
Download this article to understand:
- Top 50 European startups and unicorns and into which languages they localize
- European hotspots for startups
- The changing startup ecosystem in Europe
- How localization helps startups scale up and increase valuation
- Recommendations for startups that want to go global
Complete the simple form to download the article, which was published in MultiLingual magazine #159.